Saturday, January 10, 2015

How Cleo almost killed the Christmas spirit!!

Another vaguely mentioned story in my 2014 Year of The Cunt post, was the one about the Senior lady with a hand full of items, who was behind me in my line at a checkout.

I'd been standing at the checkout for a while.  It was probably six days prior to Christmas Day, and the grocery store wasn't ridiculously busy, but it was steady.

Actually, this is a story of two women because I'd just started to unpack my fairly full cart, when a busy body looking woman, all short and glasses, almost knocked me sideways in her urgency to get through the line.  "I'm just waiting for someone" she informs me.  I look up as I continue to unpack... "and my friend will be a while, but that line is shorter", she indicated to the next line, where there were two people already lined up behind the person being served. "Why don't you go there and I'll just take your spot?"  Really fucktard? I know that I may not always be the sharpest tool in the box, but really?  "I'm good,"  I assured her, as she bumbled off muttering under her breath.

Not even a minuted had lapsed, and up came lady number two.  She stood quietly behind me, but as I glanced at her, I noticed she had only five or so things in her hands.  "You should go first," I said.

Obviously, she moved by me at the speed of light!

I felt all warm and tingly.... for a whole half a minute.  Then I look up again, and there it is;  a mini meltdown is being had by the lady I just let through.  The checkout lady, who serves me frequently, looked up apologetically, and then turned back to the wrath of the snarky senior.  "How could this be happening?," I asked myself, "I just let this lady go before me, and here she is holding me, and now the couple behind me up!"  I start polite banter with the couple behind.  We are all slightly disgruntled, but become more and more amused, as we realized that this woman is arguing the price of a bag of chipits!  Yes, she is disputing approximately two dollars, on one bag of chocolate chips.  Now I could understand this, if she appeared homeless, or less affluent.  But this particularly tight bitch is dripping in gold and fur, and iis wearing more make-up than the corpse of Cleopatra.
I heard the checkout lady ask her again and again, "what aisle were they in?"  as the reply came "they were over there," as Cleo waves her hand randomly in the direction of, well the entire store!
This continued for a good five minutes, back and forth, and eventually the poor employee headed off in the direction of the bakery aisle.
She came back quite quickly, and did actually reduce the price, but all in vain.  Now Cleo wanted the bag for free.  She was checked out, and in a flurry and a hurry, headed off to Customer Service where she was going "to demand I get them for free because of all the inconvenience."
What a shame that had to happen, because I will never let someone cut in again.  I don't care if they have one item with the price tag set in stone, in three feet high numbers!  I was here first, and you can wait in line, just like I did!

This has to be one reason why the youth of today do not respect their elders.  Because the elders are disrespectful assholes.
How do you teach something that is long forgotten, and never practised?
That woman glanced at me once during the whole fiasco, and gave me a pained smirk.  But she knew precisely what she was going to do, and whether in front or behind me, would have been every bit as frightful, annoying, rude and goddamn disrespectful.

2014 sure was The year of The Cunt!

Happy New Year!

Headbangerwoman  KG Jan 10 2015
  

No comments:

Post a Comment