Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Canada Post

This morning I took a super short drive to the Post Office, in order to mail an autographed band tee to my nephew in England.
As usual  the service was poor, not a smile in sight, with poor communication to top it. The latter is probably best saved for a separate  blog.
I hand over my package, which I just got from a hook in the establishment, only to have it weighed and measured.
It's a tee shirt, how big could it possibly be?
So, the package is....as big as it is. Not a fucking huge surprise really.
But here's the stinger. To mail a medium tee from Canada to England via priority mail, it would cost me almost $65.00! "What the fuck?" Were my precise words. "It's a $20 tee."
"No, I won't pay $65.00" I tell the cashier.
She offers a $10.00 airmail alternative, which will take 2-3 weeks. Really? Is it doing a world tour, because I can fly from Edmonton to Manchester in around 9 hours.
I ask "what else is available?" $7 and change is my last option for land delivery. I pay and I am immediately informed of the 7-8 weeks it may take to arrive...
I'm going to presume a tortoise is taking it to Halifax, where it will be passed to an ageing lobster, who will swim with it to Scotland, where a Haggis will take it as far as Hadrians Wall, at which point it will transfer to a sheep from North Yorkshire.

Who ever heard of such bullshit?

My nephew  will love the tee regardless, but I'd love to see an explanation for the logistics involved in the delivery of mail by CP. I'm hearing more bad reviews as time goes on and this is the gooey, runny shit colored icing on the burned Victoria Sponge.
ARSE

KG 22/7/15

No comments:

Post a Comment